We are hiring a Kitchen Manager
- posted in: Blog
Common Grounds Café is a vibrant, not-for-profit business located in the Holylands, Belfast. We give away our profits to support humanitarian projects in the Developing World and seek to raise awareness of issues that affect the global poor.
We are currently looking for a likeminded individual to join our team as:
KITCHEN MANAGER (30 hours per week)
Reporting to the Café Manager, the successful individual will be responsible for ensuring that our food menu remains dynamic, offering a wide selection of wholesome food for all tastes, for supervising a team of kitchen staff and maintaining consistently high standards.
The ideal candidate should have:
- At least one year’s relevant experience in a restaurant environment, with responsibility for managing HACCP checks
- Passion to create and maintain a unique and fitting menu
- Energy to manage a busy kitchen in a sometimes pressurized environment
- Level 2 Food Safety certificate
- A minimum of GCSE C grades in English and Mathematics (or equivalent).
It is anticipated that working hours will generally be spread over 5 days per week (between Monday & Saturday) between the hours of 8am and 4pm, with room for flexibility in order to suit the needs of the business. For example, the role-holder may be required to work evenings or longer shifts from time to time.
If you wish to apply please submit a CV and short Cover Letter to:
The closing date for returned applications is Friday 23rd October 2015 at 6pm.
Common Grounds Café is an Equal Opportunities Employer