JOB OPPORTUNITY: STAFF MEMBER
- posted in: News
We are currently looking for a like-minded individual to join our team as:
STAFF MEMBER (20 hours, permanent)
Reporting to the Manager, you will contribute to the success and impact of the Common Grounds Space by delivering excellent customer service – providing customers with friendly and prompt service, and maintaining a clean and comfortable environment. You’ll also be expected to make quality and consistent whole bean coffees and beverages and prepare food products.
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities and essential duties include:
Creating a positive environment
- Builds relationships and delivers excellent service to all users
- Anticipates needs of users and responds, as necessary, to create a positive and friendly environment
- Takes responsibility for ensuring the Common Grounds Space is maintained and operational
- Maintains a clean and organised workspace so that staff members can locate resources and products as needed
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the ethos, culture, values and mission of Common Grounds
- Acts in accordance with the Common Grounds vision and mission as set out by the Common Grounds Directors and demonstrated by the Manager
- Organises opening and closing duties as required
- Provides quality whole bean coffees, beverages and food products consistently for all users by adhering to recipe and presentation standards. Coaches volunteers and new staff members to consistently achieve the same standards
- Assists the Manager with orders, as required
- Performs cleaning tasks
- Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products
- Follows Common Grounds operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling, security and health and safety to ensure the safety of users, staff members and volunteers at all times
- Contributes to the vision of Common Grounds
- Develops positive relationships with staff, volunteers and directors
- Assists with new staff member and volunteer training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching, as needed
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
- 6 months’ customer service experience in a coffee shop environment
- Basic Food Hygiene (Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering)
If you wish to apply, please email a CV and short cover letter to Laura Green:
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Wednesday 25th January 2017. Interviews will be scheduled for the afternoon of Friday 27th January.
Common Grounds is a vibrant, not-for-profit social enterprise in the Holyands area of Belfast. We give away all our profits to two local charities and have donated more than £60,000 to global charities helping vulnerable people is some of the poorest places of the world since we started.
Common Grounds is an Equal Opportunities Employer.