Job Opportunity: Chef/Kitchen Manager
- posted in: News
We are currently looking for a like-minded individual to join our team as:
Chef/Kitchen Manager (Full or part-time)
Reporting to the café manager, the successful individual will be responsible for ensuring that our food menu remains dynamic – offering a wide selection of wholesome food for all tastes, supervising a team of kitchen staff and maintaining consistently high standards.
The ideal candidate should have:
- At least one year’s relevant experience in a restaurant environment, with responsibility for managing HACCP checks
- Passion to create and maintain a unique and fitting menu
- Energy to manage a busy kitchen in a sometimes pressurized environment
- Baking experience (desirable)
- Level 2 Food Safety Certificate
- GCSE C grades in English and Mathematics (or equivalent)
- A willingness to work within the ethos and mission of the organisation (Common Grounds is part of City Church Belfast)
It is anticipated that working hours will generally be spread over five days a week (between Monday and Saturday) between the hours of 8am and 4pm, with room for flexibility in order to fit the needs of the business. For example, the role-holder may be required to work evenings or longer shifts from time to time. We are also willing to consider candidates hoping to work on a part-time basis.
If you wish to apply, please email a CV and short cover letter to:
Closing date for applications is Friday 18th December 2015 at 6pm.
(Note: we will not be able to reply to every applicant.)
Common Grounds Café is a vibrant, not-for-profit business located in the Holyands area of Belfast. We give away our profits to support humanitarian projects in the developing world and seek to raise awareness of issues that affect the global poor.
Common Grounds Café is an Equal Opportunities Employer.